Thursday 1 April 2010

Holi Festival, India
















































Amazing Holi Festival when people take to the streets to throw coloured powder and water at each other to celebrate the beginning of spring. These are some random images from the web that remind me of another famous festival in Spain, la tomatina, another rather colourful event held every year in a village called Buñol where people throw tomatoes at each other. No, believe me, this is not a typing mistake, I said tomatoes. The proof in these pictures here :)









7 comments:

  1. Beautiful images! Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dee, thanks for your comment! I'm glad you like them. I would like so much to go and see it all by myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. simplismente maravihosa suas postagens mágicas e belas que toca nossa alma parabéns

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holi is a festival of colors in Hindu and this festival is mostly celebrated by Hindus but other religions in India also celebrate this festival because Holi is also the symbol for meeting each other and making relationship.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks dear visitor