Sunday 5 April 2009

Flaming June and the unexpected




Some time ago I learnt from a travel documentary that this painting belongs to the collection of a museum located in Puerto Rico, so I just knew I would never ever have the chance to see it. A girl was talking and in the background I got a glimpse of this image that I've had in my favourites forever.



Flaming June by Frederic, Lord Leighton, oil on canvas, 1895
San Juan de Puerto Rico, Museo de Arte de Ponce



But then surprises happen just like that. Works need to be done, the museum has to close, they lend some works to the Prado in Madrid...and they organize the exhibition Victorian Painting from the Museo de Arte de Ponce! It is an outstanding picture that took my breath away.
Conclusion: never say never

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks dear visitor